5G is the fifth-generation portable system. It is another worldwide remote standard after 1G, 2G, 3G, and 4G systems. 5G empowers and designs another sort of system that connects everything and everyone virtually weather it is machines, systems, objects, people and gadgets. 5G remote or wireless technology is intended to convey higher multi-Gbps top information speeds, ultra-low inertness, greater unwavering quality, huge system limit, expanded accessibility, and increasingly uniform user experience to more users. Better and improved efficiency and performance, engage new users, connect and associates new ventures.
According to principles of communication “the shorter the frequency the larger the bandwidth”
The frequency spectrum of 5G is divided into millimeter waves and mid and low band. The low band of 5G frequency range is the same as the frequency of the 4G. 5G millimeter wave is the fastest and its actual speed is being 1-2 Gbit/s down.
5G technology in Pakistan
Pakistan has tested 5G networks in the country and fortunately, it is a successful experiment. So, the service of 5G technology in Pakistan is expected by the end of this year.
On August 22, 2019, China-based Mobile company Zong conduct the first 5G services trial in Pakistan. Zong is also a pioneer company of 4G services in Pakistan. They are among the top three telecom services provider. Zong is Pakistan’s largest network with more than 13 million customers and 12,000 4G sites.
According to network sources, after 5G, services will be 100 times faster than the existing services and network will be 10 times faster than the currently available network connections in Pakistan. Speed recorded on 5g home router is 4 gigabytes per second, which means that it can download almost 50gb file in just two minutes.
Advantages of 5G Technology
Emerging 5G technology has a list of advantages. The main advantages are greater speed, lower latency and provide more capacity to connect devices. Some other advantages are enlisted below:
- High goals and bi-directional enormous transfer speed.
- Innovation to assemble all systems in one place.
- Increasingly efficient and effective.
- Innovation to encourage people’s supervision tool for fast activity.
- Technology that gives enormous telecom information (in Gigabit), which will support more than 60,000 associations.
- Effectively reasonable with the past generation.
- Technological sound to help heterogeneous work and services (counting private system).
- Conceivable to give uniform, continuous, uninterrupted and consistent network over the world.
- Device to device communication and cooperative device.
- Multi-hop communication.
- Massive machine communication.
- Can controlled PCs by the handset.
- Possible to locate or search the missing person.
- Possible to reduce the crime rate.
- Education and monitoring will become easy.
Disadvantages of 5G Technology
Even though 5G innovation is examined and conceptualized to take care of all radio sign issues and hardship of mobile world, but since of some security reason and absence of technological progression in the greater part of the geographic districts, it has following shortcomings or you may call them dangers −
- Innovation is still under procedure and research on its viability is still in process.
- The speed, this innovation is asserting appears to be hard to achieve (later on, it may be) on account of the incomplete and incompetent technological help in many regions of the world.
- A large number of the old gadgets would not be skillful to 5G, consequently, every one of them should be supplanted with another one — costly deal.
- Creating a completely new infrastructure for 5G needs a significant expense.
- Security and protection issues yet to be unraveled and unsolved.
Importance of 5G Technology
It is so easy to understand why advanced technology is important for new ages. Their importance is increasing day by day with the fact that advanced technologies facilitate in many ways. From business to education we need modern and advanced technology in every field of life.
5G is not only important because it helps to connect people around the world and transform their lives but also have the potential to support and connect many devices at ultrafast speed. 5G technology is far away from nowadays technology. 5G speed and bandwidth can make a big improvement in 3D holograms, virtual and augmented reality and allow to connected people far beyond.
5G technology also promises to improve security, safety and health mission. 5G technology gives opportunities including smart cities, remote surgery, better traffic control and many other applications that make our lives easy.
How 5G is better than 4G
5G is generally accepted to be more efficient, quicker and more effective than 4G. It guarantees mobile information speeds that far exceed the quickest home broadband system at presently accessible to consumers. With the speed of up to 100 gigabits for each second, 5G is set to be as much as multiple times quicker than 4G.
5G will have the option to fix data transmission issues. As of now, there are such a large number of various gadgets associated with 3G and 4G systems, that they aren’t capable to adapt viably. 5G will have the option to deal with advanced gadgets and rising technology, for example, driverless vehicles and associated home products.