The rumors are PlayStation 5 is expected to launch in November or December 2020. PS5 has to get a smart thought of what the new support will change, what it will improve, and what it will keep the same.
The PlayStation 4 was launched in 2013 and has done an extraordinarily well for Sony and its players for the last 6 to 7 years. But now it will be forced into retirement by November due to the launch of PS5. Although between 2013 and now there have been other versions of PlayStation like PS4 Pro and 2016 PlayStation Slim. In them, many of the technology are remain the same as in PS4 but there have been also some improvements like speed, storage and processor core.
However, now the PS5 will be launched there is years of gap between, players expect to see some significant spec improvement. Due to the coronavirus outbreak, Sony held an online conference to provide more details about many of the core specs of PlayStation 5 and comparison with PlayStation 4.
Here are more details about the coming PlayStation.
PS4 Vs PS5
- In comparison, PS4 came with eight AMD Jaguar cores clocked at 1.6GHz and Ps4 pro with the same eight Jaguar but clocked is different which is 2.1GHz while PS5 will come with eight AMD 2 cores with each one clocked at 3.5GHz.
- The graphics that carry PS4 are handled by AMD Radeon with 1.84 TFLOP and PS4 Pro with its 4.2 TFLOP while PS5 graphics are handled by an AMD RDNA 2 with 10.28 TFLOP. But this is less important stat when directly comparing the TFLOP with different brands but it is important and makes a significant difference when we compare with-in brand.
- When it comes to CPU, GPU and the RAM and the storage, it has some healthy upgrades. PS4 came with 8GB GDDR5 and PS4 Pro came with an additional 1GB of DDR3 RAM for non-game apps. While PlayStation 5 confirmed with 16GB GDDR6 SDRAM and 825GB storage. Now, this is something that makes a huge difference from its predecessors.
- PS5 will also fully ready and enable 4K UHD Blu-ray player which is not available in PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4pro.
- With all these real-time improvements there is also a difference in performance, efficiency, and power in a better way. Sony seems to use many personalize the solution to make PlayStation 5 more efficient and reliable.
|S.No||Features||PlayStation 4||PlayStation 5|
|1||CPU||8x jaguar Cores at 1.6Ghz||8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)|
|2||GPU||1.84 TFLOPs, 18CUs at 800MHz||10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)|
|3||GPU Architecture||Custom GCN||Custom RDNA 2|
|4||Memory Interface||8GB GDDR5/256-bit||16GB GDDR6/256-bit|
|6||Internal Storage||500GB HDD||Custom 825GB SSD|
|7||IO Throughput||Approximately 50-100MB/s (dependent on data location on HDD)||5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s|
|8||Expandable Storage||Replaceable internal HDD||NVMe SSD Slot|
|9||External Storage||USB HDD Support||USB HDD Support|
|10||Optical Drive||Blu-ray Drive||4K UHD Blu-ray Drive|
Table1: Comparison Between PS4 and PS5
So, the conclusion is, the news about PS5 is not just news. Rather, numerous eyes will be all the more focused around whether the PlayStation 5 can deal with additional, is all the more impressive, and runs quicker than the PS4, PS4 Pro or Xbox Series X in the race of PlayStation games.
|PlayStation 4 Games||Grand Theft Auto V, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Red Dead Redemption 2, Resident Evil 3, Final Fantasy VII Remake, God of War,Death Stranding, Fortline, DOOM Eternal, Horizon Zero Dawn, FIFA 20, Persona 5, Bloodborne, NBA 2K20, Days Gone, Uncharted4: A Thief’s End, Monster Hunter, Ghost Tsushima, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, The last of Us Part II, Control, Minecraft, Cyberpunk 2077, Overwatch, The Last of Us, Borderlands 3, Mortal Kombat 11, Resident Evil 2, Madden NFL|
|PlayStation 5 Games||Starfield, Godfall, Watch Dogs: Legion, Dreams, Outriders, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Quarantine, Gods & Monsters, Warframe, Ode to a Moon, Tesla Force, Ultimate Fishing Simulator 2, Flipper Mechanic|
Table2: Games in PS4 and PS5